Who we are
At Pioneer Projects we view the arts in their widest sense – not limited to painting, drawing etc., but rather the skill of doing something well – the art of gardening, cooking, moving well.
We offer a variety of activities to the whole community, as well as some projects and programmes tailored specifically for distinct vulnerable groups facing exclusion and health inequalities.
The organisation works with participants of all ages and abilities.
What makes Pioneer Projects unique:
- has a modern, attractive and accessible building in the centre of Bentham town
- has been established in the local area for over 20 years demonstrating its capacity to adapt to changing landscapes and proving its resilience. This provides participants and funders with the reassurance that we are committed to the area and will sustain and further develop services, not just respond to short-term contracts and opportunities
- hosts the Bentham Community Library
- is the only specialist creative arts and health charity in the Craven district
- our participants tell us that our services are reliable, consistent and supportive (with over a 95% satisfaction rate across all metrics) and makes them feel safe
We are lucky to work with many professional freelance artists and assistants who lead and support Pioneer Projects activities.
Over the last year they have included: