This privacy statement sets out how Pioneer Projects (PP) uses and protects any information that you give to PP.
PP is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. If we ask you to provide information by which you can be identified, for example on a registration form, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
If you provide information when getting in touch with us, for example details of any additional needs that we should be aware of, we will not ask for any other unnecessary personal information, and details will be stored securely in PP files.
What we collect
If you complete a registration form or volunteer application form we will collect the following information:
- name and address, contact information including email address, date of birth
- emergency contact details. Or the name and age of your child, if you are joining on their behalf
- Any additional needs we should be aware of (for example dietary), basic health (for example heart condition, diabetes).
- Names and contact details of referees and record of training completed (volunteer application)
What we do with the information you provide
We require this information – which will be anonymised – for monitoring requirements and reporting back to funders, to send you information about our sessions and to keep in touch with you with urgent updates e.g. a cancelled session. This information also helps us to understand your needs and any health restrictions. In particular it helps us:
- to manage internal record keeping
- to have emergency contact details
- to understand participants needs and concerns and to provide a service most appropriate to each individual
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we have stored.
Any breaches to PP’s data security will be reported by the data officer.
Retention period of personal data
Retention periods of personal data are listed within the documentation control section of PP’s Information Security Policy. This is available upon request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- when you are asked to fill in a registration form or volunteer application form, you can tick to give consent for your details to be held on a database – for internal use only, and tick to give consent to be added to PP’s e-mailing list. If the consent section remains unticked we will not store your details on PP’s data base and we will not contact you via PP’s e-mailing list.
- if you have previously agreed to us contacting you, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to a third party. If you have opted into agreeing that PP can contact you, we may use your personal information to send you information about PP’s activities.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, to the address at the top of this policy or firstname.lastname@example.org. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We will regularly review and, where necessary, update our Privacy Statement.